Trek your way on 25th September 2021 through the Chiltern's historic trails, rolling hills, and fantastic views! Whether you are a first-time walker, a marathon runner, or new to endurance events, this is the challenge for you. You'll be helping us provide hospice care to local terminally ill children.
This ‘end of season’ 50km looped route covers some of the best of the Chilterns countryside. You can walk, jog, or run along historic trails and over rolling hills. Starting and finishing at the Ultra Challenge Base Camp in Henley-on-Thames, there's a Saturday night celebration BBQ and entertainment with camping options. Passing through nature reserves, forests, and a few hills with great views - it's a route with real variety, and some wonderful scenery - and it's all easily accessible from London. With 25km options also - there's a Chiltern Challenge here for everyone!
As an event participant, you will receive a technical t-shirt, food and drink during the challenge, a medal and a glass of fizz at the end. Plus, this event is designed to be COVID-secure.
The Cotwolds closer to home? Find out more and sign up to the Cotswold Way Challenge.
You’ll get full support and hospitality all the way, leaving you to focus on your challenge!
- Join as Individual or Team
- 50km Full Challenge
- 25km Half Challenge options
- Rest stops - free food and drink
- All meals/ food included!
- Medics, massage, and pace walkers
- Medal, T-shirt, a glass of bubbly!
- Do it at your pace
- Run or jog - set a new goal!
- Camping options available
- Pre-event training support + App
- It's Your Challenge - Your Way!
1. Charity Sponsorship – you pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place!
2. Mixed Funding – pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
3. Self Fund – you pay the full cost of the event place - fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the charity!
For full details of prices and to sign up, please visit the Ultra Challenge website.
Why should you sign up for the Chiltern 50 Challenge in aid of Helen & Douglas House?
Your participation in the Chiltern 50 Challenge is going to make a real difference to local terminally ill children and their families. This year, it costs £3.6m to run our hospice and provide our outreach nursing service to help families at home and we cannot do this without your help. We rely on donations from the public to fund our work and we need support now more than ever. Your participation means our doctors, nurses and carers can give terminally ill children the compassion and expert care they need.
Choose the Charity Sponsorship fundraising option on any distance.
Please note that this is an Open Challenge event organised by Action Challenge and therefore subject to their booking terms and conditions. Please address any questions about the challenge directly to the organisers at email@example.com.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any fundraising support and enquiries.