Are you looking to fulfil a lifelong dream? Do you want to wingwalk while raising money for Helen & Douglas House? Or are you seeking the ultimate gift for someone special? Here is a chance to take part in one of the most amazing, exhilarating experiences of a lifetime.
Date: You choose (subject to availability)
Where: RFD Rendcomb, Cirencester
Your wingwalking experience will take place at private airfield RFC Rendcomb in Gloucestershire, a World War 1 grass airfield set in the heart of the beautiful Cotswold countryside. Provided you meet the requirements, you can book a date to be trained by a professional wingwalker and take part in a wingwalk. There are currently available sessions on weekdays from August – October 2019.
- Non-Refundable Registration fee: £50
- Fundraising Target: £800 (£450 of which must have been received 2 weeks before your booked date).
- Booking fee: £399 payable on booking – you can book directly with the airfield and then set your own fundraising target. Just let us know when you’re doing it (at firstname.lastname@example.org, 01865 799150) and we’ll support you as much as you need in your fundraising.
What to expect
On the day you will receive training and a safety briefing from a professional wingwalker. You will also receive a pre-flight briefing from your pilot. After being secured into the safety harness on the top wing by the professional wingwalker, the pilot will start the engine and taxi across the airfield. You will then take to the skies on the wing for an exciting series of fly pasts in front of your family and friends, including zoom climbs, dives and banks for the more adventurous. The wingwalking experience lasts approximately 15 minutes. You would be at the airfield for about three hours in total.
No aerobatic manoeuvres (loop the loop etc) will take place for first time wingwalkers. If you want a high adrenaline ride the pilot can tailor the flight and can include steep dips and dives, wing-overs and banked turns for the more adventurous. Alternatively if you would prefer a more sedate flight that is possible too!
Please read the full terms and conditions below before registering.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be no taller than 6ft 2” (1.88m)
- You must be no heavier than 14 stone (89kg) (with clothing)
- Your waist measurement, whilst wearing warm clothing and a jacket must be less than 40 inches
- You must be able to climb completely unassisted up to and down from the top wing of one of the Boeing Stearman biplanes. This is a steep climb of approximately 10ft / 3m, but you will be given full guidance by the professional wingwalker
- You have not suffered from any of the following conditions: Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, recurrent blackouts, fainting fits or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction.