Are you the nurse we are looking for? Are you motivated and creative and keen to make a difference to children with palliative care needs and their families? Do you want to provide real individualised care? If you are, we would love to hear from you.
Department: Helen House Care Team
Job Type: Permanent
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Band 5 (£24,214 – £30,112) per year, depending on experience
Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 29th September 2019
View the full job description
You will need to be flexible in your approach to care and have good communication with experience of working in an acute hospital. You will work as part of a team including other nurses, nursery nurses, doctors, outreach nurses and volunteers.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Registered Sick Children’s Nurse (R.S.C.N & R.N Child, Part 8 or 15 of the Register) with post registration experience.
- Be someone with well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a nurse with advanced interpersonal and assessment skills.
- Be someone who has the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the key issues of caring for children with life-limiting conditions.
- Be someone who has the ability to prioritise and cope with competing pressures.
About the hospice
The Helen House care team is a unique and vibrant blend of nurses and carers, all with experience of palliative care, some from an acute setting and some from a learning disability background, but all of whom share a passion for delivering the highest possible standard of care to patients and their families. A wealth of staff training and support underpins the challenging and rewarding work we do. Working in this team will change your life. You will be able to care for patients to a standard you always hoped would be possible.
We are able to offer the following benefits:
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years and 29 days after 5 years).
- We are a direction agency for the NHS Pension Scheme. Membership to the NHS pension scheme is available to employees who have contributed to the NHS pension scheme in the previous 12 months.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Cycle scheme.
- Occupational sick pay and maternity pay.
- A flexible working environment.
- Subsidised staff dining facilities.
No day is ever predictable at Helen & Douglas House so if you’re looking for a new challenge in your career, please get in touch. For further details, please see the job description and if you have any questions about the role please e-mail email@example.com or call the People Resourcing Team on 01865 794749. If you would like to have an informal chat about the role or a tour of the hospice, please get in touch and we can arrange this with the care team. For any internal candidates interested in applying, please contact your Team Leader initially for an informal discussion.
Please complete the application process through the Helen & Douglas House website via the button at the bottom of this page, unfortunately, we cannot accept any CV’s by email or via other websites/Job boards. Please note the deadline is midnight on Sunday 29th September 2019.
Please note, everyone working at Helen & Douglas House is required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
About Helen & Douglas House
Helen & Douglas House, based in Oxford, is the world’s first children’s hospice. We care for terminally ill babies, children, and their families at our hospice and at home. It is a special place that feels like home, where families can make the most of their time together and create happy memories during their children’s short lives. As a charity, we rely almost entirely on voluntary donations to support our work.