We are looking for a van driver to join our friendly team based in Rose Hill on a zero hour’s contract. Our drivers distribute stock and donations around our network of charity shops providing vital support to Helen & Douglas House.
Vacancy Type: Bank
Working Hours: 0 hours contract
Salary: £8.71 per hour
Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 29th September 2019
View the full job description
The purpose of the role is to distribute stock amongst our network of charity shops which span the counties of Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire. The role will also involve the collection of donated furniture items from residential addresses.
Who we are looking for:
This is a busy role and you will have daily interaction with staff and customers. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A full driving licence which is valid for you to drive in the UK.
- Experience of van driving to multi-sites against tight schedules and completing corresponding paperwork.
- An exceptionally friendly and helpful manner with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
- The ability to recognise and deal sensitively with a range of different customers.
- Experience of the practical application of Health and Safety such as manual handling, risk assessments, safety checks of vehicles etc.
The role is based from our Rose Hill shop.
Bank Staff – 0 hours contract.
If, after reading this as well as the key requirements from the job description, you think this sounds like you then please apply following the instructions below.
- We are unable to accept applications by CV. To be considered for this role please apply via the button at the bottom of this page.
- The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 29th September 2019.
For further details about the role please see the job description. If you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the People Resourcing Team on 01865 794749.
Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
About Helen & Douglas House
Helen & Douglas House, based in Oxford, is the world’s first children’s hospice. We care for terminally ill babies, children, and their families at our hospice and at home. It is a special place that feels like home, where families can make the most of their time together and create happy memories during their children’s short lives. As a charity, we rely almost entirely on voluntary donations to support our work.