The purpose of this exciting, dynamic and customer focussed role is to assess and collect donated furniture items from residential addresses and deliver furniture to our valued customers. There may also be an occasional need to distribute stock amongst our network of charity shops within Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Wiltshire.
Retail Van Driver – Headington
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £17,000 – £20,000 per year depending on experience
Location: Headington Furniture Shop, Oxford, OX3 7BX
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 26 May 2019
View the full job description
Who we are looking for:
This is a busy role and you will have daily interaction with staff and customers. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A full driving licence which is valid for you to drive in the UK.
- Experience of van driving to multi-sites against tight schedules and completing corresponding paperwork.
- An exceptionally friendly and helpful manner with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
- The ability to recognise and deal sensitively with a range of different customers.
- Experience of the practical application of Health and Safety such as manual handling, risk assessments, safety checks of vehicles etc.
- Able to work alternate Saturdays.
Please note, the closing date for the vacancy is Midnight on Sunday 26 May 2019 at Midnight and interviews will be held at our Oxford office.
Please note we cannot accept applications by CV, to be considered for this role please complete the application process via our website. For further details please see the job description and if you have any questions about the role please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the People Resourcing Team on 01865 794749.
About Helen & Douglas House
Helen & Douglas House, based in Oxford, was set up in 1982 as the world’s first children’s hospice. We continue to care for terminally ill babies, children and their families at our hospice and at home. It is a special place that feels like home, where families can make the most of their time together and create happy memories during their children’s short lives. As a charity, we rely almost entirely on voluntary donations to support our work.