We are looking for a special person who is commercially focused, has a passion to outperform the competition and aims to give great service and an experience that will have customers coming back for more.
As a shop manager you will be running your own retail unit and will decide how you promote the goods and how the shop looks. You will be responsible for recruiting and managing a team of volunteers.
Vacancy Type: Permanent, full-time
Working Hours: 37.5 per week (includes weekend working)
Salary: Range A (£18,500 – £21,500) per annum, depending on experience
Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 21st July 2019
View the full job description
Helen & Douglas House is a children’s and young adults’ hospice service based in Oxford. The charity has a network of shops across Oxfordshire and surrounding counties. These shops are part of a multi-million pound fundraising programme.
Who we are looking for:
You will be a people focused, excellent communicator with real flair and a passion to succeed. Our shops are open 7 days-a-week and the role will require you to work regular weekends. You will need to be flexible, as working patterns will change regularly, subject to the needs of the business and the levels of staff and volunteers available to work.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with passes in English and Maths.
- Experience in a customer facing environment and the ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Experience of developing and implementing plans to maximise sales potential.
- Strong organisational and administration skills.
- Experience of managing staff teams effectively in a variety of retail sectors and/or management experience within a Charity Shop would be an advantage.
- Computer literate.
Your normal working pattern will change each week, subject to the needs of the business and the levels of staff and volunteers available to work, and will involve a significant element of weekend working.
We are able to offer the opportunity to enrol in a pension scheme and offer a generous annual leave allocation.
Interested? Please note:
- We cannot accept applications by CV. To be considered for this role please apply via the button at the bottom of this page.
- The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 21st July 2019.
For further details about the role, please see the job description. If you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Recruitment Team on 01865 794749.
Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
About Helen & Douglas House
Helen & Douglas House, based in Oxford, is the world’s first children’s hospice. We care for terminally ill babies, children, and their families at our hospice and at home. It is a special place that feels like home, where families can make the most of their time together and create happy memories during their children’s short lives. As a charity, we rely almost entirely on voluntary donations to support our work.