fundraising gift-in-will lottery donate shop location user pounds clock hourglass arrow-left arrow-right calendar archive calendar-flip tick select-triangles arrow-up

Christmas Tree Collection: recycle your tree with Helen & Douglas House

Christmas Tree Collection: recycle your tree with Helen & Douglas House

If you are looking for a way to dispose of your Christmas tree and want to help our charity at the same time, why not book your tree collection with us. We would welcome a donation for the collection of your tree which would help us provide vital care for local families with terminally ill children*.

Our amazing volunteers will be collecting Christmas trees on the 9th, 10th or 11th January in Oxford postcodes: OX1 4, OX1 5, OX2, OX3, OX4 and OX5.

Registration closes on Monday 6th January 2020 at 15:00pm

Arrange a tree collection

*After costs 90% of the monies raised will go to Helen & Douglas House and the remaining 10% will be donated to other local charities.

You will be helping children like Hannah this Christmas


Through this Christmas tree collection service we could raise £800 a day which would pay for 4 days of one-to-one nursing care for children like triplet Hannah, who has cerebral palsy. Hannah along with her sisters Amelia and Nicola, Mum and Dad come for regular respite stays at the hospice.

‘Coming to Helen & Douglas House makes a massive difference to us. The girls love it here and we really manage to have some good quality family time. At Christmas time at the hospice, the girls have been introduced to reindeer, visited Santa and even met some beautiful pantomime princesses. It is all very magical.’ Caroline, the triplet’s Mummy

Charity JustHelping will manage the administration of the collection of your tree for us. They are a UK charity founded in 2012 with a vision to inspire and support people, businesses, charities and other organisations to contribute to their community. 

Volunteering opportunities

Interested in volunteering to help collect Christmas trees? We are looking for volunteers to donate a day of their time on the 9th, 10th or 11th October to help us collect the trees, load them into the van and we are also looking for volunteer van drivers.

If you are interested in helping, please contact Julia Woodcock on 01865 799166 or email her at jwoodocck@helenandddouglas.org.uk.