Whether you want to run a marathon or host a bake-a-thon, there are loads of great ways to raise money for Helen & Douglas House and help terminally ill children make the most of their short lives. Keep reading for some great ideas for local fundraising and lots of tips on maximising the amount your efforts bring in.
10 great fundraising ideas
From personal challenges to community fundraising events, here are some of our favourite fundraising ideas if you’re in need of some inspiration.
Top tips for raising money for charity
You’ve settled on a great fundraising idea. But how do you make it happen and ensure that your efforts raise the highest amount possible for a worthy cause? Here are a few fundraising tips to bear in mind.
- Put the ‘fun’ in fundraising: raise money by doing something you and others will have fun with.
- Pick a date, but not just any date – if you need as many people as possible to attend your event, timing is crucial. People may be less likely to come if you schedule your event on the same day as the World Cup final!
- Make a plan – spend time on the groundwork so that things go to plan on the day. Pay particular attention to the logistics, such as timings and helpers.
- Give yourself something to work towards by setting a fundraising target. Don’t forget to factor in your costs so that you’re not making a loss.
- Get business-savvy – tell local businesses about what you’re doing for charity and they may be able to sponsor you, or give discounts or donations to help with your event.
- Spread the word – Facebook and Tweet about your event, put up posters, tell your local newspaper, set up a website and do anything you can to tell the world you’re raising money for charity.
Ready to start fundraising?
Use our own sponsorship forms when you raise money for Helen & Douglas House and we’ll be able to claim extra funding through Gift Aid whenever possible. Download your sponsorship forms below.
Want to raise awareness of Helen & Douglas House at your school, workplace or event? Download one of our general posters below.
Contact our fundraising team
We’d love to hear from you and we’re here to help in any way we can we can. Call our Fundraising Team on 01865 799150 or email email@example.com.
For more information on keeping your fundraising legal, please take a look at GOV.UK ‘Charities and taxes’.
Registered Charity Number: 1085951.