A positive way to remember them
The death of a family member or friend can be one of the toughest experiences you’ll ever go through. Making a donation in memory of your loved one is a wonderful way to celebrate their life. Doing something positive in their memory can also be of comfort, knowing that your donation will be used to provide care for the babies, children, and families we support.
Helen & Douglas House feels like home for local families and their terminally ill children. Your kind donations help us provide the care they depend on, allowing them to create happy memories in their final days, weeks, months or years together.
If you’ve lost a loved one to terminal illness, one way of celebrating their life is by donating to Helen & Douglas House in their memory. This helps others going through the same desperately sad time, making sure they’re not alone at the toughest time of their lives. Making a donation in memory of your loved one is a way of doing something positive and making a valuable difference at this heartbreaking time.
As a charity, we need to find £3 million each year to keep our hospice open. 85% of this comes from people like you, and every donation makes a huge difference to the help we can offer to terminally ill children and their families*.
“Without Helen & Douglas House we would probably have reached breaking point. Emotionally, it helps to take off the pressure of worrying for Isaac. We know Isaac is enjoying himself in a safe environment and the staff give him the best care, so it gives us the chance to go out as a couple and enjoy some much needed time off, or just to sleep if we want to.” Faith, Isaac’s Mum
*Important UpdateYour support means the world to us.
The cost of running Helen House is £3m a year and we need your help now more than ever. Helen House continues to care for terminally ill babies, children and young people aged 0-18 and we need public support to fund this vital care.
Following our announcement in January, the young adult service at Douglas House closed on Thursday 21st June 2018. This decision was necessary due to a shortfall in funding because we are a charity and rely almost entirely on public support to fund the care we provide.
Donate in their memory
You can honour the memory of someone special by making a donation at their funeral. If you’d like us to send you some special In Memory donation envelopes, please call 01865 799150 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can set up a Butterfly Tribute in memory of your loved one to benefit Helen & Douglas House. These are a wonderful way of supporting the charity and ensuring that the memory of your child, family member or friend lives on after they’ve gone.
“Thanks to all those who donate to this very worthwhile charity. It means so much to us.” Kay, Sienna’s Mum
In partnership with memorial website charity MuchLoved, we’re pleased to offer you a free service to create your own tribute on our website in memory of your loved one.
Creating a tribute for your loved one can be a source of comfort. It gives you space online to post thoughts, stories, photos, films and memories for you and your family to share. Family and friends can leave donations in your child’s memory, which will be used to help other families going through the heartbreaking experience of losing a child.
A MuchLoved tribute page gives you lots of beautiful designs to choose from, making it easy to create a memorial website to cherish the memory of your loved one. Choose however many of following features you like to create your tribute site:
- Thoughts: A gallery where visitors can add their condolences and send wishes of love and support.
- Life Stories: Use as many stories as you like to record memories and events. You can add more over time, building a cherished library of recollections.
- Pictures and Slideshows: You can add as many pictures as you like to display in a picture gallery, and link them to any particular entry that they may relate to.
- Music and Videos: Add pictures, music and videos, which you can link to particular entries if you wish.
- Timeline: Record important life events, helping you build up a historical record of significant dates, achievements and events.
- Journal: Keep a personal diary for recording your feelings and journey through grief. This can be kept totally private if you wish, even to invited guests.
- In Memory Donations: You can choose to accept visitors’ donations to your chosen charity. Visitors wishing to donate will be directed to a secure online page to make their in memoriam donation.
- Designs: You’ll have lots of beautiful designs to choose from so that you can really make your site your own.
- Easy to Create: Setting up your site couldn’t be easier. It’s a quick and simple five-step process and you’ll have your page up and running in minutes.
MuchLoved is a charity offering a free service, with no commercial or promotional material added to your memorial site. Its ethos is very different to many other memorial website organisations, and you’ll have comprehensive privacy and access controls so that you can decide who can visit and make contributions to your tribute page. Your website will not be opened up for public access unless you choose it to be. Create and keep your trial tribute with no obligation simply by visiting MuchLoved and selecting the ‘Create a Tribute’ option.