Useful links for families
Staying Active & Relaxation
Creative & Educational Activities
- Booktrust Hometime: Booktrust has enlisted the help of authors and illustrators to provide free books, videos, games, quizzes, and drawing lessons for children of all ages.
- Learning 4 Kids: An Australian web site where you can find a range of activities and play activities, with the aim of being fun. The categories section includes sensory and messy play ideas. Range of ages under 16.
- RHS: Activities to help you and your family connect with nature.
- National Literacy Trust: Free reading and writing resources, audiobooks, videos, competitions and reading challenges.
- Little Bins for Little Hands: 50+ sensory play ideas for kids. Aimed at toddlers to pre-schoolers.
- Teaching Mamma: Playing, creating and learning at home includes 100+ sensory play ideas. Aimed at pre-schoolers.
- The Dad Lab: Online science experiments for kids. No specific age range – any age could do them.
- RSPB: Kids section with online quizzes and audio stories.
- Twinkl: Resources for parents – free membership for a month – games, puzzles, colouring, activities and crafts plus much more. Codes to use include UKTWINKLHELPS or PARENTSTWINKLHELPS. Range of ages.
- Orchard Toys: Free printable downloads, including activity sheets and recipes. Age range up to 8 years old.
- Family Days Tried and Tested: Free virtual tours of world museums, educational sites and galleries for children. Also educational items in many different subjects.
- TedEd: From the makers of TED talks TedED offers brilliant educational talks, as well as a daily email of lesson plans for any age group. Great for teenagers.
- BBC Bitesize: Revision activities for all subjects at all levels, plus daily online lessons.
- Together for Short Lives: Support and speak up for children and families living with a life-limiting or life-threatening condition, and those who care for them.
Council for disabled children-transition information network: Sharing information and good practice for disabled young people, families & professionals.