We are looking for a volunteer to provide massage to our families when they visit us here at Helen & Douglas House as part of our expanding Complimentary Therapy Team. The applicant must be a qualified masseuse with current accreditation from a recognised body.
Helen & Douglas House offers respite and end of life care to families who have a child with a life limiting condition. Being a Complimentary Therapy Volunteer is a hugely rewarding role providing therapy to parents, carers, and family members. This will allow them time to focus on themselves away from their typical routine, and a chance to relax and enjoy a therapy session in a quiet environment in our beautiful Garden Room in Helen House.
You will be supported in this role by our Physiotherapist. Please read the Role Profile for more information.
• Regular visits to Helen House to offer therapy to one or two family members or carers.
• Commitment to attend support meetings and training as required.
• Visits will be at least once a fortnight. This can be flexible around the time of day, and which day in the week it is provided.
• An understanding of Helen & Douglas House hospice work.
• Be an enthusiastic, friendly, empathetic and friendly team player who can work autonomously.
Experience & Training
• Qualified and insured in chosen therapy for at least two years.
• Membership of recognised professional body.
• Have public liability insurance.
• Committed to complete online mandatory training as required by Helen & Douglas House.
• Enhanced DBS certification will be paid for by Helen & Douglas House.
• Meeting a variety of new people as well as develop skills and gain new experiences.
• A huge sense of satisfaction in knowing you are helping others and making a difference.
• Acknowledgement that you are enhancing the care we can offer our Helen House families by offering your chosen therapy to parents and carers.
• Complimentary meal and drinks if you volunteer for more than three hours as well as reasonable travel expenses