If you are considering leaving us a gift in your Will – thank you very much. Such gifts are wonderful and your gift of a lifetime will change the lives of local terminally ill babies and children, as well as their families, who we support through their journey.
Whether you have a Will already, or you’re planning to write your first Will, leaving a gift to charity is easy to do.
To leave Helen & Douglas House a gift in your Will, here is the information you need for your solicitor or the person drafting your Will:
Helen & Douglas House
14A Magdalen Road
Registered Charity Number: 1085951
The most usual gifts are:
A fixed amount of money which can be any sum of money depending on your circumstances.
The other type of gift is a percentage of your estate of which remains after other amounts of money or property is given to others. Formally called a residuary gift. It can be from 1% to 100% of your estate, again, whatever is most appropriate for you.
If you already have a Will and would like to change it you can use a codicil, but it is just as easy for your solicitor to adapt an existing one.
Our promises for gifts in Wills
We fully recognise this is a private gift and that your circumstances might change in the future.
To reassure you that we value highly the private method of this way of supporting our work, we have developed the following promises:
- We will not put pressure on you to give a gift in your Will – it is your decision.
- We will never ask you the size or type of gift if you decide to support our work this way.
- We absolutely recognise your loved ones come first in your Will.
- You never have to tell us your intentions – we respect your right to privacy.
- We fully understand that personal circumstances change and there might be a time when you must take us out of your Will.
- We promise to use your gift wisely.
- If you want your gift used in a special way we will honour your wish.
If you want to tell us about your gift, then it does enable us to say thank you which we like to do. You’re also very welcome to come and visit us so that you can see our vital work at first hand.
It is so easy to do
All you have to do is phone your solicitor and it can happen in minutes. Sadly we are not allowed to recommend a particular solicitor.
Helen & Douglas House is not allowed to give legal advice but if you want to discuss your gift with us you are very welcome to contact us.
Telephone the Fundraising Team on 01865 799150 or email email@example.com.