Take part in our frothy 5k family fun run with a difference – thousands of multi-coloured bubbles raising money for your local children’s hospice.
Date: Sunday 2 June
Start Time: 10am or 11am
Location: Cutteslowe Park, Oxford
With entry open to all ages, it’s up to you whether you walk, run, or even toddle the family-friendly route in Oxford. Whichever you choose, you’ll burst through four stations with cannons pumping bubbles up to four feet high, and get covered from head to toe in colourful, light, foamy bubbles. This event is suitable for all ages from the very young to the most senior.
- Included in your ticket price is a Zumba warm-up before the race, a selfie tent, an “Incredibubble” tent along with music and entertainment.
- Everyone taking part will receive a free t-shirt (except for under 3’s who are free) and a special Bubble Rush medal when you cross the finish line, all included in your entrance fee.
- Out of the Blue, an all-male a cappella group from the University of Oxford and Oxford Brookes University, will be performing a few songs. This student-run group sings an eclectic mix of songs, focusing on covers of modern rock and pop hits.
- Stay on afterwards to enjoy bubbly activities in our event village for a great morning of foamy fun.
- There will also be food, drink, ice-cream, glitter face-painting and merchandise available to buy.
Bubble Rush Oxford highlights:
The Bubble Rush mirrors the ethos of our charity by celebrating living life to the full and bringing smiles and laughter to everyone taking part. Pushchairs and wheelchairs are more than welcome.
The money you raise at our 2019 Bubble Rush events could pay for our sibling support programme for one year so that children facing the future without their brother or sister can come together play and discuss their feelings with others going through the same thing.
Already booked? Scroll down for fundraising packs and toolkits
Why should you sign up for a day of bubble family fun in aid of Helen & Douglas House?
Your participation in our Bubble Rush is going to make a real difference to local terminally ill children and their families. It costs £3 million a year to run our hospice and provide our outreach nursing service to help families at home and we cannot do this without your help.
Summer’s Mum Gemma said ‘For Summer coming to Helen & Douglas House is a chance for her to be independent and safe also she gets to enjoy activities she can’t always do.
Summer also likes the staff and the fact they’re so willing with everything she wants to do even dressing up with her! Because of Summer’s night seizures and the very high risk of SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy) we do not sleep at all most nights which makes it harder for us to rest and switch off. The help from Helen & Douglas House lets us do this knowing Summer is being well looked after safe and enjoying herself.’
Helen & Douglas House Bubble Rush Sponsors
Take a look at last year’s photos
Thanks to the Oxford Photographic Society for supplying us with so many wonderful photos from our last year’s Bubble Rush.