Take part in our frothy 5k family fun run with a difference – thousands of multi-coloured bubbles raising money for your local children’s hospice.
Online registration for our Reading Bubble Rush has now closed. You can still sign up on the day but the registration cost will go up. On Sunday 9 June, please arrive at 9.30am to register.
There will be an opportunity to sign up on the day but the registration cost will increase. Please arrive at 9.30am to register.
Date: Sunday 9 June
Start Time: 10am or 11am
Location: Prospect Park, Reading
With entry open to all ages, it’s up to you whether you walk, run, or even toddle the family-friendly route in Reading. Whichever you choose, you’ll burst through four stations with cannons pumping bubbles up to four feet high, and get covered from head to toe in colourful, light, foamy bubbles. This event is suitable for all ages from the very young to the most senior.
- Included in your ticket price is a Zumba warm-up before the race, a selfie tent, an “Incredibubble” tent along with music and entertainment.
- Everyone taking part will receive a free t-shirt and a special Bubble Rush medal (except for under 3’s who are free) when you cross the finish line, all included in your entrance fee.
- You will also be able to try out the Land Zorbing Arena (please note this an optional ticketed activity, not included in your entry price).
- Stay on afterwards to enjoy bubbly activities in our event village for a great morning of foamy fun.
- There will also be food, drink, ice-cream, glitter face-painting and merchandise available to buy.
The Bubble Rush mirrors the ethos of our charity by celebrating living life to the full and bringing smiles and laughter to everyone taking part. Pushchairs and wheelchairs are more than welcome.
The money you raise at our 2019 Bubble Rush events could pay for our sibling support programme for one year so that children facing the future without their brother or sister can come together play and discuss their feelings with others going through the same thing.
Why should you sign up for a day of bubble family fun in aid of Helen & Douglas House?
Your participation in our Bubble Rush is going to make a real difference to local terminally ill children and their families. It costs £3.6m to run our hospice and provide our outreach nursing service to help families at home and we cannot do this without your help.
Summer’s Mum Gemma said ‘For Summer coming to Helen & Douglas House is a chance for her to be independent and safe also she gets to enjoy activities she can’t always do.
Summer also likes the staff and the fact they’re so willing with everything she wants to do even dressing up with her! Because of Summer’s night seizures and the very high risk of SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy) we do not sleep at all most nights which makes it harder for us to rest and switch off. The help from Helen & Douglas House lets us do this knowing Summer is being well looked after safe and enjoying herself.’
Helen & Douglas House Bubble Rush Sponsors