We are looking for people to become part of our Reception team to cover morning and/or afternoon shifts on an ad hoc but regular basis when other volunteers are away.
We’d like you to provide a warm welcome to those calling or visiting the hospice, as well as assisting other staff and teams with some administration tasks.
– To answer and direct in-coming calls to the appropriate area.
– Greeting families, visitors, suppliers, and enquirers.
– Assisting with basic administration as required.
– Ensuring and maintaining a high standard of organisation and presentation in the reception area.
– Ad hoc shift cover, mornings and/or afternoons, when regular team members are away. Shifts run from 9am to 12.30pm in the morning and from 12.30pm to 4pm in the afternoon.
– At least one year’s commitment to the role.
– The ability to keep calm in busy situations and to multi-task when
necessary is very useful.
– While no previous experience is necessary, personal confidence with people, both face-to-face and on the phone, would be helpful.
– Working as part of a fantastic team, and the opportunity to meet a variety of people.
– Complimentary lunch and beverages.
– A huge sense of satisfaction in knowing you are helping others and making a difference.
– Reasonable travel expenses.