Rob Brydon, famous welsh actor and comedian, has supported Helen & Douglas House for many years and recently visited the hospice. Rob is asking people to listen in and donate to The Helen & Douglas House Radiothon to help local terminally ill children. This will be taking place on 7th March noon – 7pm and on the 8th and 9th March 7am – 7pm on Oxfordshire’s JACKfm and JACK’s national station UnionJACK, to raise money for the East Oxford charity.
It is the third year this award winning fundraiser has taken place with JACKfm and the charity is hoping to beat the amount raised last year which was £65,000.
Rob Brydon said “I am a big supporter of Helen & Douglas House and have been for many years. They provide vital care to local terminally ill children and their families, helping them deal with the implications of living with a child who will die prematurely, so they can make the most of their time together. Please tune in to The Helen & Douglas House Radiothon on 7th-9th March on JACKfm and UNION Jack and listen to the amazing stories of the families who use the hospice, and make a donation – they really need your help now more than ever.“
Hamish Law from JACKfm said “We’re incredibly excited to be returning to Helen & Douglas House for the third Radiothon. The hospice plays such an important role and it needs more support than ever – we can’t wait to get started and help raise as much money for Helen & Douglas House as possible. Make sure you’re listening to Oxford charity. It is the third year this award winning fundraiser has taken place with JACKfm and the charity is hoping to beat the amount raised last year which was £65,000.“
You can help by taking part during the Radiothon on 7th, 8th and 9th March by:
• Listening to stories like Imogen’s on JACKfm and Union JACK online or on DAB and making a donation.
• Calling into to make a donation on 01865 796777 during the Radiothon.
• Making a donation by texting JACK5 to 70500 to donate £5 or JACK10 to 70500 to donate £10.
• Organising a Rock the Radiothon fundraising event using our great pack.
• Tune in and share your thoughts using the #HDHRock hashtag.
• You may also see Helen & Douglas House Radiothon volunteers collecting donations on Broad Street on Thursday 8th and Friday 9th March.